I bring you special greetings from India, the cradle of the human race, the birthplace of human speech, the mother of history, the grandmother of legend, and the great grand mother of tradition… 🙂
It has been a great honor to have been nominated for the two most beautiful, The Versatile Blogger Award and One Lovely Blog Award, by my dear friend Astrid De Manyet of https://starscrolls.wordpress.com/
Thank you Astrid, for recognising my ability and keeping faith in my words and my mind. Thank you more, for sharing with us such wonderful thoughts and pushing us to the boundary and strive for greatness. 🙂
♦ 7 Facts (I hope you didn’t know) About Me:-
- My (very much unfortunate) introvertism extends to such an extent that: I fumbled so badly during my school’s Annual function Rendezvous’ acceptance speech, that the chief guest, Mr. Amitabh Bachchan had to come up on stage and cuddle my flushed cheeks to make me (calm down and) be comfortable.
- I prefer pizza over KFC. Anytime. Anywhere.
- I suffer from Phasmophobia (fear of ghosts). And yet I own the most enviable collection of horror and thriller movies in my school.
- I happen to be the sole witness of the BBB (Big Bad Bully) of our school crying over his lost teddy bear. (He has a soft side too.)
- I am addicted to (the smell of)…wait for it…Nivea Shaving Gel for Men and Colgate Active Salt Toothpaste. And I get high on apple juice.
- I am a “self-promoted” die-hard fan of Michael Jackson and I would have married him (if he were not dead already). I brag about having done an unofficial PhD on his life.
- When I was a kid, I wanted to become a popstar (like Hannah Montana, maybe?). When I was a teen (till last year, that is) I wanted to become a Physicist. Now I’m 18, and I want to be…happy.
For the most versatile Blogger Recognition Award, I’d like to thank my overly talented Malayasian friend Kah Choon for being the…umm…boon of my (already miserable) life’s secrect aim of becoming an author. 🙂
Do check out his work at https://kahchoonblog.wordpress.com/ . Trust me, you’ll suffer from massive inferiority complex.
♦ The (Overly Dramatic) Historical Start of My Blog:-
THERE ARE NO WORDS, really. There is nothing I can say or do that will make up for the love that made this blog possible. Of course I did the hard part, which was writing these damn things, but your support is what has kept me going and that’s what’s more important.
But as they say (who?), behind every succesful woman there is a man who’s a beautiful cross between Richard Gear and Suhel Seth.
And that most cherished homo sapien in my life just so happens to be Chauhan Sa’ab from Delhi.
Yes, you heard me right. It’s the most handsome, most talented, most smart and most inspirational Nitin Chauhan of https://chauhansaab.wordpress.com/ . He played a major role in making me start a blog of my own. Although I still don’t count. His success is something which is almost unachieveable.
Nitin and I met over…well…facebook. Yea yea I know, it’s a seductive site right?
The story of how we became friends goes something like this:
“The guy’s cute.
Ohhh shit…daaiiimm…he even writes stuff… gasp!
Err…Ditsa is mutual? Umm…wow!
Should I send him a request? Err…he won’t accept. He doesn’t even know me.
Aaaaahhhh well…. Doom! **Sent**
Aab kya hoga? Ummm…ummm…
**Nitin Chauhan accepted your friend request. Now you can see what he shares with friends. **
Celebrations celebrations celebrations!!!
(Ekk garam chaye ki pyali ho…
Koi usko pilaney wali ho) xD xP
Umm…let’s check out his stuff…
Aarre kya baat! D.U. student…Comp. Sc… Cool!!
Should I ping him??
Oh faek! xD xP *Sent*
And the rest is history. (A cooler one though.).
Nitu checked out my posts and decided I have enough potential to write and influence other worldly beings. He was the one who injected in me the idea for my first post “Batty v/s Joker” ( https://wordpress.com/post/satavishaworld.wordpress.com/7 ) and I’m grateful for it.
Thank you Nitin for putting this blog through it’s final stages. I hope you’re feeling better now. I know it was a traumatic experience. I love you. ♥
The only other person who’ll make it up here would be my (previously mentioned) “Dilliwali Girlfriend” Ditsa Bhattacharya, the Rudraite and author at “The Anonymous Writer” ( https://web.facebook.com/TheAnonymousWriters/?fref=nf ).
Dittu and I bonded over our love for writing mostly, and also over…well…being fat, weird teenagers.
(I’m fatter, I swear. _/\_ )
She has had enough influence in me, in my style of writing, my views regarding the impeccable creatues moving around me, and my vast outlook towards this world.
Do check out her creations at https://dreamingdahlia.wordpress.com/ .
♦ Two Advices for New Bloggers:-
- Do not ponder over how many “followers” you have, or how many “likes” you’ve achieved. If the posts are original and from your heart, the prizes will follow. 🙂
- Remember the golden line, “Books are a man’s best friend.” Try to read up more and start blogging. You don’t need to own an enviable vocabulary or become Lord Byron to know how to write. You already have that in you. 🙂
♥ The Bloggers I Nominate for The Versatile Blogger Award, One Lovely Blog Award and the Blogger Recognition Award are:
- Nitin Chauhan– https://chauhansaab.wordpress.com/
- Ditsa Bhattacharya– http://dreamingdahlia.wordpress.com/
- thereelbee– http://hbeewords.wordpress.com/
- Pratyusha– http://naughtyinnocence.wordpress.com/
- tomorrowdefinietly– http://tomorrowdefinitely.wordpress.com/
- Anisha Valli– http://howtopaintourskies.wordpress.com/
- Nishita13– http://walkingtomydreams13.wordpress.com/
- Rashid Abbasi– http://rashidabbasi.wordpress.com/
- Darshith Badiyani– http://darshith0000.wordpress.com/
- writingblissfully– https://writingblissfully.wordpress.com/
♦ VERSATILE BLOGGER AWARD RULES:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 10 blogs that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 10 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
♦ ONE LOVELY BLOG AWARD RULES:
1. You must thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog.
2. List the rules and display the award.
3. Add seven facts about yourself.
4. Nominate however many other bloggers and let them know about their nomination!
♦ BLOGGER RECOGNITION AWARD RULES:
1.Write a post to show your award.
2. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
3. Give two advice to new bloggers.
4. Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
5. Select 10 other blogs you want to give the award to.